This Gippsland Lakes Priorities Plan 2021-2024 has been developed to highlight key priorities for improving the health of the Gippsland Lakes.
The plan pulls together a review of, and key actions from:
- Gippsland Lakes Ramsar Site Management Plan (GLRSMP) (East Gippsland CMA 2015)
- East and West Gippsland Waterway Strategies (East Gippsland CMA 2014; West Gippsland CMA 2014)
- Parks Victoria/Traditional Owners Management Board Joint Management Plan (Gunaikurnai Traditional Owner Land Management Board 2018)
- Gunaikurnai Whole of County Plan (Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation 2015)
- Biodiversity Response Planning for the Gippsland Lakes Landscape (DELWP 2021).
Delivering the priorities in the plan will contribute to the objectives of the Gippsland Lakes Coordinating Committee which are to:
- Maintain or improve the health of the Gippsland Lakes now and for the future.
- Foster cooperation and coordination between agencies and organisations with an interest in the health of the Gippsland Lakes.
- Promote awareness of and participation by communities in the management of the Gippsland Lakes.
- Maximise outcomes for the Gippsland Lakes through leveraging investments.
- Empower Traditional Owners through joint management and self-determination, supporting capacity building and involvement capacity building and involvement in management of the Gippsland Lakes.
Download Gippsland Lakes Priorities Plan
View Our Project Map